- Julianne Brienza, Executive Director, Capital Fringe Festival,
- Arvind Manocha, President and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts;
- Molly Smith, Artistic Director of Arena Stage
- Aether Art Projects (Eames Armstrong, Amber Lee, Amanda Lineweber, and Lindsay Rowinski)
- C & C Swimming Factory (Carolina Mayorga and Craig Garrett)
- Maida Withers Dance Construction Company (Tatiana Domovidova, Anthony Gongora, John Moletress, Giselle Ruzxany)
- Virago (Armando Lopez-Bircann and Katie Macyshyn)
WPA brought DC’s performance art explosion to the pool with SynchroSwim 2013, the third iteration of WPA’s synchronized swimming performance art competition!
Typically, synchronized swimming demands advanced water skills and requires great strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry, and precise timing, as well as exceptional breath control. At WPA’s SynchroSwim, we celebrate creativity and enthusiasm. WPA was pleased to welcome Julianne Brienza, Executive Director, Capital Fringe Festival; Arvind Manocha, President and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts; and Molly Smith, Artistic Director of Arena Stage as the judges for SynchroSwim 2013. For the first time in SynchroSwim history, one team swept all three categories, as Maida Withers Dance Construction Company won for Best Execution, Best Visual Spectacle, and Crowd Favorite.
Capitol Skyline Hotel Pool, 10 I (eye) St. SW, Washington, DC 20024
Saturday, August 3, 2013 5pm