Washington Project for the Arts (WPA) is inviting artwork submissions for its 38th annual Auction Gala exhibition. The event will be held on May 4, 2019 in Washington, DC. All submissions will be reviewed by the Art Committee and selected artists will be invited to participate with between one and five artworks. WPA splits sales proceeds 50-50 with the artists. There is no fee to submit your work.
Please read the following eligibility & selection requirements carefully.
About the auction gala
The WPA Auction Gala raises money for WPA’s artist-driven exhibitions, programs, and projects. More than two hundred artworks are sold by silent auction to more than 500 DC-area art collectors, patrons, enthusiasts, and artists. Exhibiting artists are also provided two complimentary tickets to attend the event, which includes complimentary cocktails, delicious food, dessert, and dancing.
Eligibility & selection requirements
We welcome submissions from artists with artworks that meet the following conditions:
- All professional artists living between New York City, Philadelphia, and Richmond making work that is experimental and/or pushes at the boundaries of traditional practice are eligible to submit
- All forms of painting, drawing, photography, collage, printmaking (analog and digital), sculpture, and three-dimensional multiples are eligible. *No jewelry, crafts, video or sound art will be accepted at this time
- Artists must have exhibited in an artist-run or alternative space, commercial or university gallery, or museum in the past three years
- Artwork submitted must have been completed in the last three years. Graduate work is acceptable; undergraduate work is not
- Submitted artworks must have been completed since 2015 and cannot have been shown in previous WPA events/auctions
- Artists must submit between three (3) and five (5) works
- All images must be in jpeg format, sized to 5 X 7 (or approx.) inches at 300 dpi
- All 2-D artwork submissions on paper, if accepted, must be framed and ready to hang with wiring in good condition (No saw- tooth hangers)
To be announced soon
Submissions Deadline: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 5pm
Notification of Acceptance: February 15, 2019
Local Artwork Drop Off: April 26-28, 2019
Auction Night: Saturday, May 4, 2019, 7pm – 11pm
Notification of Sale Begins: Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Local Artwork Pick Up: May 11-12, 2019
Mailing of Checks for Sold Works: By June 15, 2019
Contact Jordan Martin, Production Collaborator, at email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 5pm