HIBBETT & CITY GEAR RETURN POLICY
At Hibbett Sports, we pride ourselves on delivering a premium customer experience. To ensure each and every customer is satisfied with their Hibbett Sports shopping experience, we offer FREE* returns for 60 days on Hibbett Sports in-store and online purchases.
*Returns are processed for FREE when Standard ground return shipping is applied. All other methods will be paid by the customer.
The easiest and quickest way to return an item is by using our online process. To print your pre-paid return label, start a return below:
Most items can also be returned to a Hibbett Sports store. Find your nearest Hibbett location using our Store Locator tool:
Please note: Though many products sold on the Hibbett | City Gear website and apps can be returned directly to a local Hibbett Sports store, some are only eligible for return via mail. You can check your return eligibility and options using the Start a Return process above.
Online purchases and purchases made in Hibbett Sports stores cannot be returned at City Gear store locations.
60-Day Return Window
You have 60 days from the time of your in-store purchase or from when your online order originally ships to return it.
An order is considered “shipped” when the last item in your order has been processed and shipped.
Hibbett Sports does not charge restocking fees for online or in-store returns.
Returning Items Purchased In-Store
All store purchased products must be returned in-store. This includes items that were purchased in a store and shipped to your home.
When you return an item to a Hibbett Sports store, please bring one of the following with you to assist us in locating your order and issuing your refund:
- Order Confirmation Email
- Shipment Email
- Packing List that came with your shipment
Please note: Products purchased online or in a Hibbett Sports store cannot be returned to a City Gear location.
Items without a receipt or purchase documentation are not available for refunds. Only a merchandise credit may be issued in these instances.
Returned Items With a Receipt
We will refund any items unworn and unwashed, in like-new condition, within 60 days of purchase. Items must include original packaging and tags. There are no restocking fees. If your item was purchased in a store it needs to be returned in-store.
Items Returned More Than 60 Days After Purchase or Without a Receipt
Items purchased in-store more than 60 days ago and/or those items without a receipt may be given a merchandise credit equal to the current price. These items must be unworn, unwashed and in “like new” condition.
Items purchased online that are past the 60-day return window cannot be returned by mail for a merchandise credit. These returns must be made to your local store for a merchandise credit.
Products That Cannot Be Returned
Hibbett Sports does not accept returns on the following products:
- Items that have been worn or washed or are not in like-new condition.
- Certain items are covered by manufacturer’s warranties. Visit our manufacturer's warranty page to see if your product qualifies.
- PLEASE NOTE: Baseball/softball bats cannot be returned if the wrapper has been removed. If you have used your bat and believe it is defective, you must contact the manufacturer for a warranty claim.
- Items that are customized.
Some products purchased at Hibbett.com (including all apps) may not be returnable in-store. Please see “Returning Products Purchased Online” for more information.
How Funds Are Returned
Returns of items purchased in a Hibbett Sports store:
- If a product(s) qualifies for a refund, the refund will be issued in the same method of payment as the original purchase. Cash will be issued where the original payment was a check or debit card.
- If a personal check was used, you must wait four (4) business days after purchase to initiate your refund.
- If you used a gift card or merchandise card to pay or partially pay for your transaction, please see the “Gift Cards and Merchandise Credits” section below.
- Please allow up to 14 business days to process your return. Your funds availability depends on the rules of your financial institution, which is usually within 30 days.
Returns of items purchased online:
- For a product(s) that qualifies for a refund and that is returned in-store, the refund will be issued in the same method of payment as the original purchase. Cash will be issued where the original payment was by a debit card.
- For a product(s) that qualifies for a refund and that is returned via mail, the refund will be issued on the same credit card as the original purchase.
- Please allow up to 7 business days for us to receive your return and an additional 5 business days for us to process your return. Once processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address associated with your order.
- The refund is typically applied to your original form of payment within 4-7 business days from the date we process your return, but your financial institution may take up to 30 days to apply the funds.
- If you used a Hibbett Sports gift card or merchandise card to pay or partially pay for your transaction, please see the “Gift Cards and Merchandise Credits” section below.
- City Gear gift cards may not be used to pay or partially pay for your transaction online at Hibbett.com or at any Hibbett Sports store location.
- City Gear gift cards may only be used at City Gear store locations.
- City Gear gift cards may not be used to pay or partially pay for your transaction online at Hibbett.com or at a Hibbett Sports store location.
- City Gear gift cards may be used only at City Gear store locations.
- Hibbett Sports gift cards and merchandise credits may be used to make purchases at any Hibbett Sports store or online at Hibbett.com.
- Hibbett Sports gift cards and merchandise credits cannot be used at City Gear stores.
- Gift cards and merchandise credits are non-refundable, non-returnable and are not redeemable for cash (except where required by state law).
- If you returned an item that was paid for in full, or partially paid for, using a gift card or merchandise card on our website, we will refund the amount on a digital Hibbett | City Gear gift card which you will receive via email.
- If you returned an item that was paid for in full, or partially paid for, using a gift card or merchandise card in a Hibbett Sports store, we will refund the amount on a new merchandise or gift card.
Some defective products may be eligible for a manufacturer’s warranty claim. Not all products are warrantied. Warranty claims with the vendor will require an original sales receipt.
*ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS FOR BATS AND SUNGLASSES MUST BE HANDLED DIRECTLY WITH THE MANUFACTURER. DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE OR MISSHIPPED.
Accidents happen. Please contact customer service for assistance.
City Gear Store Return Policy
City Gear stores do not offer a return policy and do not accept returns of merchandise. City Gear will exchange merchandise OR give store credit within 14 days of purchase if:
- Store receipt accompanies merchandise
- Item is in new condition
- All original tags are attached to merchandise
Store credit will be issued only if the original receipt is presented.
City Gear stores do not accept returns or exchanges of merchandise purchased online at the Hibbett | City Gear website and apps and do not give store credit for merchandise purchased online at the Hibbett | City Gear website and apps.