By accessing the web site of Washington Project for the Arts (“the Website”), you hereby agree to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing the Website. The materials contained in the Website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
(a) Permission is granted to view the Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
(i) modify or copy the materials including, but not limited to, images of artwork;
(ii) use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
(iii) attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Website;
(iv) remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
(v) transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
(b) This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Washington Project for the Arts at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Disclaimer & Limitations on Liability
(a) The materials on the Website are provided “as is.” Washington Project for the Arts makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Washington Project for the Arts does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on the Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to the Website.
(b) Unless expressly indicated, Washington Project for the Arts does not sell items, goods, services, or artwork. Although Washington Project for the Arts may facilitate sales of goods, services, or artwork between a buyer and seller (collectively, “Third-Party Sales”), Third-Party Sales are directly between the buyer and seller, unless otherwise expressly indicated on the Website. By using this Website, you agree that in the event of any dispute arising from or related to a Third-Party Sale, including but not limited to claims sounding in fraud by a purchaser or seller involved in a Third-Party Sale, Washington Project for the Arts has no liability to any party involved in such a dispute or transaction.
(c) In no event shall Washington Project for the Arts, its agents, supplies, directors, officers, or suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Website, even if Washington Project for the Arts or a Washington Project for the Arts authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
4. Revisions and Errata
(a) The materials appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Washington Project for the Arts does not warrant that any of the materials on the Website are accurate, complete, or current. Washington Project for the Arts may make changes to the materials contained on the Website at any time without notice. Washington Project for the Arts does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
(a) Washington Project for the Arts has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Washington Project for the Arts of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
7. Governing Law
(a) Any claim relating to the Website shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
· Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
· We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
· We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
· We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
· Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
· We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
· We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
WPA is committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.