WPA HOLIDAY POP UP SHOP APPLICATION FORM
Washington Project for the Arts, in partnership with Smithsonian Enterprises, is pleased to announce it will be sponsoring a two-day holiday pop up shop at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden during the Smithsonian Holiday Festival on Saturday, December 5 and Sunday, December 6, 2015. The shop will feature unique and exciting holiday gifts, including small works of art, crafts, and other handmade goods by WPA member artists.
WPA member artists interested in participating are invited to submit proposals including original, handcrafted items or artwork they would like to sell in the store. A broad range of work is sought and items with modest, gift-friendly price tags (under $300) are desired. Sales will be split 40%/20%/40% between the artist/WPA/Smithsonian.
Examples of what may be considered include, but are NOT limited to: jewelry, seasonal items (ornaments, gifts, toys), personalized items, housewares, glass decorative items, ceramics, handmade books/cards/stationery, clothing, pet items, photography, digital, video and 2D artwork. Works that more esoteric, conceptual in nature, or that incorporate technology are also highly encouraged.
WPA Holiday Pop Up
DATES: December 5-6, 2015
HOURS: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm daily*
LOCATION: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, 700 Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20560
* Participating artists’ presence at the museum is highly encouraged during the pop up hours
Work that is accepted must be dropped off between Wednesday, November 18 and Saturday, November 21 at Washington Project for the Arts’ offices. Unsold work must be picked up between Wednesday, December 9 and Friday, December 11. Drop-off and pick-up must happen during WPA's office hours, Monday - Friday, 10am-6pm.
Interested applicants must be current members of WPA.
Submissions will only be accepted online via our online submission form.
- Statement of Interest: Please submit a one-to-two page Statement of Interest describing why you are interested in participating, and a brief description/proposal of your products or artworks and intended method of display/packaging
- Artist Resume or Bio
- Work Samples: jpeg, tiff, video, audio, and pdf files. Files must be numbered and titled.
- Vido Link: If submitting video work please provide link to the appropriate video on a video sharing website (YouTube, Vimeo) or personal website.
- Annotated Work Sample list: include retail price range, materials, dimensions (if applicable)
Questions can be directed to Jeremy Flick, Membership Director at: 202.234.7103 x 2 or email@example.com
- July 19: NEW Deadline for submissions
- August 15: Notifications sent to artists
- November 2: Artist provides finalized inventory information to WPA
- November 16–20: Drop-off at WPA offices
- December 5–6: Pop Up Shop Open
- December 9–11: Pickup of un-sold works at WPA offices