Justitia, Frankfurt, Germany
The first Fountain of Justice in front of the Römer in Frankfurt was inaugurated in 1543 as a monument to the city’s self-image. In 1611, sculptor Johann Hocheisen created the eight-cornered fountain and a figure from red sandstone, which by the
mid-1800s was in total disrepair. In 1887, German sculptor Friedrich Schierholz created the bronze statue of Justitia that graces the monument today.